KoschtIT Image Gallery is a free and open-source image gallery PHP-script. It can be used to add image galleries to existing webpages very easily. The appearance of each gallery can be individually customized. The only prerequisite for using the script is PHP5 with GD2 support. The pictures aren't displayed in an extra window, instead they are opened directly on top of your HTML document. Therefore your website background gets shaded.
There is also an admin panel, which enables the site administrator to write picture comments and edit gallery settings. Gallery visitors can write viewer comments to any picture. Navigation via keyboard is available too. More features are: slidewhows, automatic thumb generation, image to window size reduction, image preloading, previews for the next/last picture, show geotagging information (via EXIF) ...
In order to get a first impression here you have a small demo. You can show single pictures as well as gather a set of pictures to a gallery.
More examples with webpages that use the script can be found in the forum.KoschtIT Image Gallery v3.2
- Added: Support for exif metadata available for display in picture labels
- Added: Auto-rotate pictures based on exif orientation metadata during upload
- Changed: Added a prefix to all global variables to maximize compatibility with other php software ( /thread-459.html )
- Changed: Noscript-Tags <noscript> removed to allow search robots to index gallery
- Fixed: Renamed/overwritten images didn't show up properly in gallery
- Fixed: Empty hole after deleting an image when $pic_order is set to 4 ( /thread-456.html )
- Fixed: Some special characters like + and & caused login errors ( /thread-457.html )
- Fixed: Picture labels wider than image in some rare cases
- Fixed: Wrong labels being displayed if browsing fast through images
- Fixed: Some smaller bugs and performance improvements
You can view a changelog of older releases in the changelog.txt inside the script-archive.
If you consider to make a donation, please use PayPal. Especially if you are using the script in a commercial project a donation would be strongly appreciated. Thanks. In case you don't have PayPal but still want to donate an amount, you can ask me for my banking details by writing to kkokus[a_t]web[do_t]de .
If you still have some questions you can use the comment functionality. You may also write me an email to kkokus[a_t]web[do_t]de . Just let me now what you think about the script. I appreciate every note.
Add a comment
Support requests inside these comments are not answered anymore. Please use the support forum for this purpose.